According to PeaceCorps.gov, returned volunteers are entitled to copies of the information that the Peace Corps keeps on them. Since I am quite curious, I mailed off a few requests to their office this weekend:
To the Office of Volunteer and Staff Payroll Services
- Please provide me a copy of my Description of Service Statement. The DOS should be an official account of my responsibilities, duties, and accomplishments while serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer.
- Please provide me a copy of my Verification Of Service statement.
- Please provide me a copy of my Volunteer/Personnel Payroll File. This file should contain all documentation relative to my readjustment allowance and deductions.
To the Office of Medical Services
- Please provide me a copy of my Medical File. This file should contain a record of my medical exams, immunizations, dental records, etc.
To the Office of Administrative Services
- Please provide me a copy of my Country File.
- Please provide me a copy of my Applicant File. The applicant file should contain all documents collected as a result of my application for Peace Corps service. It should include my original application, reference forms, recruiter’s comments, background information form, etc.