Moved to CT, Picked up car in Boston

Well folks, I made it. Late Thursday afternoon I left Raleigh and headed for DC, where I would meet up with friends C.A.M. and Becky Wagner (thanks for letting me stay at your place!). It was great catching up with them.

On Friday, I left for Norwalk at about 10:00 a.m. Traffic was sparce until I arrived near NYC. I entered the NYC area around 3:00 p.m. but meet heavy traffic. I didn’t arrive in Norwalk until right at 5:00 p.m. The second leg of this trip was supposed to last only five hours. Instead, it took me seven.

I had no problem finding the place. My roommate Scott left the back door open so I let myself in and gave myself a tour. I was pleased.

Ten minutes after arriving, Scott showed up. He gave me an offical tour before deciding that we needed to head out to SoNo for happy hour. SoNo is about a mile away and is about two blocks of bars, resturants, and shops. Reminds me of Indianapolis’ Broad Ripple and DC’s Georgetown. After several drinks and a Connecticut NCAA loss, it was time to call it the night.

In the morning, we got up, did some cleaning, and unloaded the truck. A U-Haul office was only two blocks away, so I simply walked down there to return the truck shortly after lunch.

Saturday afternoon I spent most of the time moving boxes around, setting up AV and IT stuff (TV, VCR, Xbox, Computer, etc.). Tonight, I plan on getting the Xbox online. It’s nice having high speed access at home once again.

Tomorrow, I take the train to Boston to get my car. The East Norwalk train station is just 0.6 miles from home. I’ll walk up there to catch a train shortly after 9 a.m. I’ll then connect to an Amtrak train in Bridgeport, which will take me all the way to Boston.

The guys from the car dealer will meet me at the train station either with my car or will provide me a ride to my car. After ward, I’ll enjoy a three and a half hour drive home.

Monday, I start work. I can’t wait. It’s been a busy week, but it’s been nice to experience new things.